We’re not affiliated with FYF FEST or this contest, but it’s a totally great idea and they’re on the same page as Mixtapes|Heartbreaks when it comes to mixtapes so we thought we’d share. If you enter let us know, we’d love to know what you included!
FYF MIX TAPE CONTEST
There is something very special about making and receiving a mix tape. It takes enough effort to prove that it’s something you care about, and it carries the personality and the emotions of the person who made it in a way that a .ZIP file or Spotify playlist never will. You remember how this works-trying to fit all your favorite songs together in a way so they add up to a story all their own, and learning to use words and music by other people to say something you can’t quite say by yourself. Technology has made it easy to share music now, but sharing a mixtape is another thing entirely.
So this contest is simple. We want you to make us a mix tape. Pretend that we at FYF are your high school crush and that you are trying to win us over. The only thing we ask is that you are honest with the songs that you pick. Don’t try to impress us or give us what you think we want to hear. (That doesn’t work on crushes either!) Show us what you really love. We want to know your guilty pleasures and the songs you sing out loud when you’re alone. We want to hear the songs you’ll never get tired of and the songs that you are gonna be in love with for the rest of your life. This mixtape won’t just be a bunch of songs in a pile-it’ll be you.
THE RULES ARE SIMPLE!
* Must be on an actual cassette tape!
* Must be at least 45 minutes. Do your best not to go over 90 minutes.
* Be creative with the design! Draw on it, sticker on it, paint on it-whatever!
* May contain anything you desire! No limits. Music if any kind, of course, but spoken word or instrumentals or soundtrack music and
comedy is fine, too!
* Must come with a track list
* It does not need to be made on a brand new blank tape. Feel free to overdub on an old tape if you want!
* Do not put two songs by the same band back to back! (Come on!)
* Tapes must be postmarked by Thursday, Aug. 16.
MAIL TAPES TO:
PO BOX 1558
Torrance, CA 90505
* The winners will be picked by the FYF crew based on originality, selection, awesomeness and overall charm.
* Winners will be announced on Monday, August 20.
* The GRAND PRIZE winner will receive five (5) VIP Tickets to FYF Fest and$500 spending cash. But that’s not all! They will also go on KXLU 88.9 FM to play their mix tape on the air and talk about it. This will be a lot of fun! And we will play the grand prize mixtape between bands on the main stage at FYF Fest.
* Three RUNNER UPs will each receive four (4) Weekend Passes to FYF Fest!
Any questions please email email@example.com